So we got 1 1/4 lb lobsters for everyone who was staying on the boat at the dock and I boiled them along with corn and melted some butter. Served alongside cold beer and wine and sunset on a fast raceboat it was the perfect dinner.
Now I should stop showing you pictures of the live lobsters posed all over the boat and instead tell you how to make this happen for yourself. Ok first you sail from Annapolis to Newport in the tropical depression Andrea. Humm you say that is a little to hard. Ok then how easy are these instructions
Boiled lobster dinner
1 lobster per person
1-2 ears of corn per person
1. Obtain live lobsters you want them about 1 1/4 lbs per person.
2. In largest pot bring water to a rolling boil
3. Put lobsters in head first one at a time prepared to put the lid on top of them so they do not snap out and boil for 18 minutes.
4. During this 18 minutes at some point stick the husked corn on cob into the boiling water for 5-8 minutes
5. In separate pot melt the butter.
6. Using tongs remove the corn and then the lobsters from the water allowing as much as possible water to drain off.
7. Serve with melted butter.
8.Ideally with lobster tools but should you be on a boat not stocked with such items you may find your sailors eating it with the help on a good clean multitool