Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tres de mayo potluck sailing club party.

I try and keep notes on how parties I organize go. This was not my personal party but one I organized for social part of sailing club.
People :
47 at max about 60 total

Food:
Taco theme. 
20lbs taco meat,
150oz worth bean and onion vegetarian taco mix
6 heads lettuce shredded
case of 200 taco shells
40 oz sour cream
1 lb shredded cheese
16 oz salsa
Potluck for drinks desserts and sides. 
Tons of sombreros

Weather 
mid 60's high winds. High winds under pavillion were an issue but we found out that a truck jack thing will lower the sides of the pavillion after everything on the tables were blowing away the first time.

Next time/lessons:
More taco meat more beans more lettuce we had more people then expected. 
Thia was a huge success and we actually had a great time the music provided by Chris was fantastic! Overall I would've if I could do it again had much more taco meat even though the prior year we'd only gone through 15 pounds of taco meat. This year we had a much better showing the weather was better and this contributed to a much larger number of people coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment