Monday, March 18, 2013

Champagne and Prosecco Saver

Rarely do I drink Sparkling wine, and rarer still do I end up with half a bottle left. Last Thursday, however a friend was over and we drank half a bottle of Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine). I put this Champagne saver on the bottle that I got years ago and have never had occasion to use and put the bottle back in the fridge. I forgot about it until tonight, we are now four days later. I saw the bottle in the fridge and thought to myself that it must be flat by now and ruined but uncorked it and it popped and fizzed. I then decided to pour some in a glass and tasted it. The wine in in wonderful condition still full of life and fizz and almost entirely as good as it was on the first day. I'm convinced and will never hesitate to save sparkling wine again. Oh and yes, I am drinking Prosecco while typing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment