You need for 3 servings
2 medium Potatoes
1 medium onion
1. I used to do this part with a box grater but now I used my cuisinart. However you do it shred the potatoes and onion.
2. Put a pat of butter in your cast iron skillet and saute the shredded potatoes and onions seasoned with a little salt and pepper until just barely getting a hint of brown. If you want to prep it this far in advance and save the partially cooked shredded onion and potato in the fridge for up to a week this works fine. This also makes this recipe a doable thing for weekday meals. I often make 1 of the three ramekins worth and save the rest for the next day or two.
3. Heat oven to 350
4. Butter 3 ramekins.
5. Place 1/3rd the sauteed mix into each ramekin and make divot in middle so that the shredded part goes up the sides more.
6. Crack one egg into each ramekin so that the egg remains in the center inside the divot.
7. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degree until the white is set and the yolk in still a bit runny.
8. Eat and enjoy.
|See how much it looks like a delicious birds nest!|
|Eggs in Nests|
Enjoy and happy snowy spring.